The SIM card registration has become the most common topic of discussion amongst Ghanaians as the Nation embarks on a decentralise method of citizen data identification via the Ghana card. Today we are going to show you how you can check if your SIM card is properly linked to your Ghana Card. It’s been circulating a number of times that the various telecommunication SIM cards are being re-registered or linked to the Ghana card.
The various telecommunication Stakeholders concerned during this method have provided the various short Codes and portals to assist folks in re-registering or linking their SIM cards to their various Ghana Cards.
After linking your Ghana Card, it’s needed to also crosscheck to be double positive that your SIM card has been properly linked or updated to your Card to stop any attainable future issues.
Check below the full details on how to verify if your number is indeed linked to your Ghana Card successfully.
How to check if your SIM card is properly linked to your Ghana Card
There are two ways to do this,
- Through the MTN SIM Registration Portal (Only MTN Users)
- Or via the SIM Registration Short Code (All Networks)
How to check if your SIM card is correctly linked to your Ghana Card Via the MTN SIM Registration Portal
- Visit the MTN SIM Registration Portal at https://simregistrationportal.mtn.com.gh/
- Confirm that you have read and understand their terms and conditions then click enter.
- Enter the phone number you want to verify or confirm then proceed.
- Confirm to receive OTP via your registered phone number (choose either yes or no if you have an alternate number).
- The OTP will be sent via text message.
- Verify OTP and then click to also verify a one-time password.
- A pop-up message will appear to affirm if your SIM Card has been correctly linked or not.
- Additionally, you will be sent a confirmation text message.
If you have not correctly linked your Ghana Card, then you can proceed with the steps on the portal to link your Card Online.
How to check if your SIM card is correctly linked to your Ghana Card Via Short Code
- On your Registered SIM card, input short code *404#
- The moment you do this, you will receive this notification “you have already been registered successfully with your Ghana Card” confirming that it was correctly linked.
Persons who have not correctly linked their Ghana Cards can proceed with the steps on the portal to link their Card properly.
What you need to know about the Ghana SIM card registration
According to the Minister of Communication, each user is allowed to register 10 different numbers with his/her Ghana Card. The user will be notified via text message with a unique code upon successful registration. The Ghana card would be the epitome of all Identifiable transactions and security checking.
In view of this, MTN, Vodafone, AirtelTigo and other Telecom networks in Ghana, have introduced the ability to update SIM registration information.